Recently, the Oregon courts determined that Marijuana use does not automatically mean bad parenting. However, you must make sure that you present the best possible case, should Child Services ever choose to intervene.
Keep your Medical Marijuana under lock and key, whether it be the plants in your yard, or your brownies. Make sure that your children understand that this is your medicine, not to be touched or shared with anyone else. Maintain order in your house and keep a low profile. Having your kids run about the neighborhood babbling about “Mommy’s medicine” is attention that you probably do not need.
Discretion is the key word. As long as the negative stereotypes regarding Marijuana continue to direct public policy, patients must accept that certain behaviors will not be treated fairly.
Common Follow-Up Questions
All Questions in Category
- Are there any legal concerns when I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Can a patient withdraw from the program?
- Can I get my medical card expedited?
- Can I have someone else sign and date my application (a proxy) if I am physically unable to do so?
- Can I travel to another state with medical marijuana and my OMMP registry identification card and not be arrested or charged with civil or criminal penalties?
- Do I have to tell the OMMP if I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Do I need to be a resident to get a Card?
- Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the OMMP?
- Do patients get a refund if they withdraw from the program?
- How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary?
- How Can I reach the OMMP?
- How much does it cost to replace my card or change my caregiver, or grower?
- I do not have the money for the application/grow site fee. Is it a one-time payment? Can it be waived? Can I make installment payments? Will my insurance pay? Can I pay with my credit card?
- I live within 1,000 feet of a school, which is also known as a “drug free zone.” Can I still grow and/or possess my medical marijuana where I live?
- If I have a card, will that mean that Child Services cannot take my kids away?
- If I have a criminal record, can I get a card?
- Is the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program confidential?
- What are the payment options for the state application fee?
- What do I need to send with my application packet?
- Where can I find a list of registered dispensaries?
- Where do I mail my application packet?
- Who qualifies for a reduced State Application fee?