A patient must submit a written statement that he or she wishes to withdraw from the OMMP. The program will request that all cards be returned and the file will be closed. The patient’s card and all cards associated will be voided. The patient is responsible for notifying his or her grower and caregiver, if applicable, that his or her card is no longer valid.
If the OMMP is notified by the patient that he or she would like to withdraw from the program, the OMMP shall notify the primary caregiver and/or grower by mail at the address of record informing the caregiver or grower that his or her card is no longer valid and must be returned to the OMMP within seven calendar days. All cards must be returned to the OMMP within seven calendar days of the date that the OMMP was notified of withdrawal. If the patient so chooses he or she may reapply as a new patient at any time. In order to apply, a patient must submit the required documentation and application fee as outlined in OAR 333-008-0020.
Common Follow-Up Questions
All Questions in Category
- Are there any legal concerns when I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Can a patient withdraw from the program?
- Can I get my medical card expedited?
- Can I have someone else sign and date my application (a proxy) if I am physically unable to do so?
- Can I travel to another state with medical marijuana and my OMMP registry identification card and not be arrested or charged with civil or criminal penalties?
- Do I have to tell the OMMP if I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Do I need to be a resident to get a Card?
- Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the OMMP?
- Do patients get a refund if they withdraw from the program?
- How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary?
- How Can I reach the OMMP?
- How much does it cost to replace my card or change my caregiver, or grower?
- I do not have the money for the application/grow site fee. Is it a one-time payment? Can it be waived? Can I make installment payments? Will my insurance pay? Can I pay with my credit card?
- I live within 1,000 feet of a school, which is also known as a “drug free zone.” Can I still grow and/or possess my medical marijuana where I live?
- If I have a card, will that mean that Child Services cannot take my kids away?
- If I have a criminal record, can I get a card?
- Is the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program confidential?
- What are the payment options for the state application fee?
- What do I need to send with my application packet?
- Where can I find a list of registered dispensaries?
- Where do I mail my application packet?
- Who qualifies for a reduced State Application fee?