It is important that you have the correct information in your file so that if you are contacted by law enforcement and they request verification of information from the OMMP, the caregiver, grower and grow site are all protected. It is equally important that the former caregiver and/or grower know of their status so they are aware they are no longer protected.
In the case of a grow site change, remember that a grow site registration card must be posted at the registered grow site. If you change your grow site and do not yet have a grow site registration card posted at the new grow site, you may not be protected from criminal penalties. The OMMP recommends that you obtain a new grow site registration card before moving plants to a new grow site and keep copies of all change forms.
*Note: To make sure all appropriate individuals and the grow site are protected and that previously protected individuals know their status has changed, it is best to make all changes (notify OMMP in writing, notify former caregiver and/or grower, and move grow site) on the same day or as quickly as possible
Common Follow-Up Questions
All Questions in Category
- Are there any legal concerns when I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Can a patient withdraw from the program?
- Can I get my medical card expedited?
- Can I have someone else sign and date my application (a proxy) if I am physically unable to do so?
- Can I travel to another state with medical marijuana and my OMMP registry identification card and not be arrested or charged with civil or criminal penalties?
- Do I have to tell the OMMP if I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver, grower, or change my grow site address?
- Do I need to be a resident to get a Card?
- Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the OMMP?
- Do patients get a refund if they withdraw from the program?
- How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary?
- How Can I reach the OMMP?
- How much does it cost to replace my card or change my caregiver, or grower?
- I do not have the money for the application/grow site fee. Is it a one-time payment? Can it be waived? Can I make installment payments? Will my insurance pay? Can I pay with my credit card?
- I live within 1,000 feet of a school, which is also known as a “drug free zone.” Can I still grow and/or possess my medical marijuana where I live?
- If I have a card, will that mean that Child Services cannot take my kids away?
- If I have a criminal record, can I get a card?
- Is the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program confidential?
- What are the payment options for the state application fee?
- What do I need to send with my application packet?
- Where can I find a list of registered dispensaries?
- Where do I mail my application packet?
- Who qualifies for a reduced State Application fee?