Unfortunately, you will not be able to visit a dispensary until your permanent card arrives in the mail.
Generally, it takes between two and four weeks for the state to process your application and issue your card.
You will however, be legal to:
- Possess marijuana (24 oz)
- Begin growing (18 plants under 1 foot, 6 plants over 1 foot)
- Obtain marijuana from other patients (you can use networking sites such as Facebook or Craigslist to find other patients with extra medicine
Common Follow-Up Questions
All Questions in Category
- Are children allowed inside dispensaries?
- Are there different kinds of medical marijuana?
- Can you recommend a good dispensary?
- How can I find a medical marijuana dispensary in Oregon?
- How much does medical marijuana cost?
- How much may a dispensary charge for medical marijuana?
- How much medicine can I have with my card?
- Is there Marijuana which won’t get me High?
- What forms does marijuana come in?
- What information needs to be included on a label for usable marijuana products such as edibles, waxes, concentrates or other prepackaged products?
- What is a medical marijuana facility, aka dispensary?
- What will I need in order to be dispensed medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Where can I use my medication?
- Where do I get my Medical Marijuana Medication?
- Who can ingest medical marijuana?
- Who can purchase or receive medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Will I be able to visit a dispensary immediately after visiting your office?
- Will onsite consumption of marijuana be allowed?