The process to renew a medical card or obtain a new one after it expires, is virtually the same.
The only difference is that you will lose your legal protection if your card does expire until it is reinstated.
Common Follow-Up Questions
All Questions in Category
- Am I able to get an extension if my card is close to expiring?
- Are the locations wheelchair accessible?
- Can I submit my renewal application to the OMMP Early?
- I am renewing my card, is that any different?
- I had my OMMP card a couple years ago and it has expired. Do I need to get a new doctor’s note?
- I went to a different clinic to get my medical card the first time, do I need to go there again?
- Is it harder to renew my medical card after it expires?
- Is there an advantage to returning to your clinic for my renewal?